Guidelines to parents on the development of independence in children
The problem of educating the independence of preschool children has become a subject of research of many scientific disciplines, primarily, pedagogy and psychology. Currently teachers and psychologists revealed various possibilities of the family and the kindergarten in the education of the independence of children. It is therefore very important influence in the field of education, to increase knowledge and skills of parents in the education of independence. To this end it is necessary to systematically acquaint parents with the content and methods of education of independence in children of this age, with the requirements of the kindergarten to develop skills of independence. In addition, they need to meet with different levels of manifestation of autonomy in children, psychological-pedagogical and organizational conditions and methods of work with them.
Thus, the necessary conditions that ensure the efficiency of formation autonomy in the application in children data from differentiated groups according to the level of its manifestation, are:
1. the use of special theoretical approaches to the development of autonomy in children of middle school age in the application:
– a holistic approach to the organization of pedagogical process;
– activity approach to the formation of the structure of independent
activity of pupils;
2. creating interest in the application and special knowledge and skills required as input (base) in applicative activities
games and problem-oriented learning;
3. the enrichment of pedagogical and subject – developing environment, by giving pupils the possibility to vary the use of different methods of application and its enforcement.
4. the optimal combination of front, subgroup and individual forms of organization of teaching children from different differentiated groups, taking into account the dynamics of formation of independence (from imitation to creativity), the organic interrelation of employment to the independent activity of children, creation of conditions for the transfer of learned skills in independent activity of children; the use of a differential approach teaching guide the process of creating the application.
To this end parents and children must be picked up by the complex’s exercise on the development of autonomy in the process of teaching children to applique in the home. For example, in the form of games of “Whose house?”, “What is it like?”, etc. in addition, parents are taught to vary the degree of its activity in the process of creating applicative crafts at home. To do this to them are special guidelines that consider the level of independence of children: in particular, when working
•children with low independence, parents can recommend:
– to consider teaching AIDS to expand the horizons of the child that would later help in the self-application;
– in a playful way to invite the child to perform some tasks aimed at the formation and consolidation of any technical skill;
– to be considered (learn to read) routing of independent work on applique pupils of the middle group;
– to come up with the plot of a story or stories, which you later try to self-reflect in the content of the application
– using play games to try to portray the sequence of execution of work on separate sheets independently, creating, thus, a “technology map”, and, accordingly, the plan’s independent performance of the application by the pupil;
– at the first stages of work to give preference to a joint discussion on similar routings and joint applications, then gradually move to a jointly – consistent and individual forms of work.
•children with a medium level of independence, parents can recommend the following:
– review of the book, indirectly tells the story of the application;
– in the form of a game to offer a child, practicing certain skills, using pre-prepared items yourself to make a plot file;
– ask children’s understanding of the plot, the location details of the application on a sheet of paper, composition, methods of gluing elements to the application;
– based on the analysis prepared in advance “technology maps” to encourage the child to self-creation application, slightly correcting the course of its execution in the case of the child for help.
•children with a high level of autonomy, parents can recommend the following:
– use games that help to clarify the shape, color and composition in the process of creating a standalone application;
– practice how to make the sequence of execution of work on separate sheets, creating, thus, the technological map of future activity;
– evaluate methods of creative activity (“add” or “take” unnecessary, changes spatially arranged parts of a sample) to estimate the sample and results applicative activities of the child.
Thus, these guidelines allow for parents to carry out an individual approach to teaching children with different levels of autonomy.